Monday, July 9, 2018

HomeASAP, Positioning, and Attracting Organic Consumers

I took a look at HomeASAP’s home page (a portal we covered with a founder interview back in 2016), and noticed different positioning than I previously remember. Their main value proposition:

Home is closer than you think. Find it with a local expert.

I actually like the above the fold home page from a design perspective, and, though I’m not sure precisely why, the main value proposition does make me curious what’s behind the curtain. At least enough to click deeper.

I entered “Seattle, WA” in the search and got the following screen:

I clicked the green (default) continue to search results, and then see this screen:

Two things:

  1. Who is Ed Belmudes? It appears he lives and sells in Leavenworth, which is more than 2 hours from where I live. I didn’t ask to be connected to him, and can tell you with certainty, he is not the most qualified or knowledgeable agent to help me. I’m left wondering, how long will it be until he contacts me?
  2. What is HomeASAP allowing me to do as a buyer, that no other website offers? They’ll need an answer to that, if they want to attract and convert any organic buyer traffic. Or, they can of course outbid the competition and buy that traffic from Google and Facebook.

My question for you: what portals have the best positioning that you’ve seen? If you put yourself in the consumer shoes, what would make you click beyond the home page? Once you get beyond the home page, what would it take to keep you on the website?

The post HomeASAP, Positioning, and Attracting Organic Consumers appeared first on GeekEstate Blog.



from theokbrowne digest https://geekestateblog.com/homeasap-positioning-and-attracting-organic-consumers/

No comments:

Post a Comment