Sunday, March 4, 2018

Geek Estate Founding Member Spotlight: Joel Leslie from Propify

We’ve now published five Geek Estate founding member interviews; Jennifer Kjellgren, Sep Niakan, Eileen RomitoRyan Coon, and Caroline Pinal. The interviews are meant to give you a taste of current business priorities, products and trends to watch in 2018, and what they enjoy about being a Geek Estate mastermind member.

Our 6th interview is with Joel Leslie from Propify.

Without further ado…

What’s your most significant business focus for 2018?

At the start of 2018, I finalized my role as CEO for the global listings management company and started on my own startup called Propify.

In 2018 my focus is on acquiring further capital for scaling Propify and to gain traction within the community. It’s a really cool product and it has the ability to really help Realtors & Consumers more intimately stay connected.

As I am a great believer in helping others, I closely integrated a foundation into the company. The foundation aids those in need to further their tertiary education. The foundation is to provide assistance with tertiary tuition fees, study material and if possible accommodation assistance. Seeing the foundation’s first intake in 2018 will be a great achievement.

What real estate technology trend or product are your most excited about?

Blockchain & social media excite me greatly. They are both perfectly suited to real estate, bringing great change and efficiencies to the industry.

I believe in Blockchain & social media so much that I build a startup that is underpinned by them. Blockchain will most definitely be the way we will search for real estate and property information into the future. I also see more of a focus on social media. Research by NAR identifies social media buyer inquiry rate is growing, where something like 37% of inquiry from buyers coming directly from social.

What do you like about being a Geek Estate member?

I really enjoy Geek Estate, both the Blog and the Facebook group. I’m usually located in my hometown of Noosa Heads, Australia. As such, being so remote, a Geek Estate membership is extremely rewarding to me. Gaining updates & opinions within the industry and being able to get involved with discussions is paramount to my success of working remotely. The networking opportunities (face to face or virtual) are extremely beneficial, albeit my no-show at the meetup arranged by Drew at Inman Connect NYC 2018. It is great to see all the new members joining the group, a great collection of brilliant minds will only ensure the further success of the community.

Thank you Joel for being a founding member!

Geek Estate Membership

Interested in joining?

The post Geek Estate Founding Member Spotlight: Joel Leslie from Propify appeared first on GeekEstate Blog.



from theokbrowne digest http://geekestateblog.com/geek-estate-founding-member-spotlight-joel-leslie-propify/

No comments:

Post a Comment