Thursday, August 2, 2018

Thank You RE BarCamp!

I’ve attended about 30 RE BarCamp’s all across the country. Most of them were on behalf of Zillow, but have certainly attended numerous since I departed in 2010 (including Phoenix, Austin, and helped organize a Seattle one). A couple weeks ago, I attended RE BarCamp X held in its original location. It was beyond amazing to see so many wonderful people show up, some of which I hadn’t seen for 7 or 8 years.

Just like Jeff Turner mentioned at the end of RE BarCamp X in the “How has RE BarCamp changed your life?” session — I can say without a doubt, the start of virtually every great friendship I have in this industry can be traced back to the RE BarCamp community. I first met Jim Marks, who I worked for in 2010 and 2011, at a RE BarCamp. I met Steve Hundley, who I’ve been consulting for recently, at San Diego’s RE BarCamp. I met Andy Kaufman, Brad Coy, Todd Carpenter, Ginger Wilcox, Jeff Turner, Brad Nix, Nick Bastian, Ines, Eric Stegemann, and so many others. I spent time with Justin LaJoie, Jay Thompson, and Bill Lublin. The list goes on, and on.

Without the RE BarCamp community, I wouldn’t be nearly as excited about showing up at Inman twice a year. Without the RE BarCamp community, it would certainly be much harder to show up in any city in the country (as I did on my road trip) and be welcomed with open arms.

So, alas, THANK YOU to RE BarCamp for providing so many memories and friendships!

Left to right: Brad Coy, me, Andy Kaufman

The post Thank You RE BarCamp! appeared first on GeekEstate Blog.



from theokbrowne digest https://geekestateblog.com/thank-you-re-barcamp/

No comments:

Post a Comment